XT Brakes Needed

Cyclotourist

iMTB Hooligan
The AVID brakes on Firstborn's bike are causing problems from the piston swelling and the levers not resetting. Ongoing problem I've tried to address previously, but I'm giving up.
I want to switch over to XT to align with most the other bikes.
Anyone have any they want to sell, or point me to a retailer they like that is better price than Jenson?

I buy a lot of my bike stuff from bike tires direct biketiresdirect.com as they have good sales. If you can wait until July I'm sure they'll have a July 4th sale that's worth taking advantage of. And if you sign up for the gold membership ( it's free ) it often adds additional discounts.

I buy a lot of my bike stuff from bike tires direct biketiresdirect.com as they have good sales. If you can wait until July I'm sure they'll have a July 4th sale that's worth taking advantage of. And if you sign up for the gold membership ( it's free ) it often adds additional discounts.
Thanks for the heads up... I've bought from them before, but didn't know they had brakes and such. Will give a look! Going to Santa Cruz on June 11th (will post details/questions in a few) so need it set up by then :)

Are you interested in the 2-piston or 4-piston brakes?

I have a barely used set of Shimano MT4100 lever/MT420 4-piston caliper brakes (about 35 miles) I’d consider selling if that would work for you.

Thanks for the heads up... I've bought from them before, but didn't know they had brakes and such. Will give a look! Going to Santa Cruz on June 11th (will post details/questions in a few) so need it set up by then :)

I will be in Santa Cruz also, from the 9th to the 12th. Going to a concert and riding. Will try to get a surf in also.

I tried and failed to cobble together a working set of brakes. Just gotta' commit to some take-offs located down the 210 a few miles away!

53763580490_a8a24e46d7_b.jpg

Back