Worldwides opinion on top Maxxis Tires

I made it right to the point where the chart had the big drop in grip. :laugh: The rest of the video is for people who want to break their shoulders on fire roads.

An interesting nugget that was surprising to me (and may or may not be true considering it came from someone at The Path :whistling:), but according to him, DHF and DHR do not designate "front" and "rear." It is actually "free ride" and "race." I was told this when I expressed surprise that my Hightower was spec'd with DHR II front & rear.

And .... that is the extent of my interest in talking bout tires. :cool:

This how I know the Rekon is dastardly efficient but lacks braking traction for a full-size, grown-up man.
You used the word “Grown-up”… as if you is one. :p :inlove:

People who know how to ride bikes don’t rely on excessive Tire Gription to accomplish scrubbing speed. The relationship of roll resistance/braking is a matter of choice for the type of riding you do.

I thought the video did a great job of sharing performance versus weight versus trail type. I “might” put a more aggressive tire on the front but will keep the Rekon on the rear. I find rear braking is more for steering.

Stay hairy you MTB Hottie! :oops::D

Last edited:
You used the word “Grown-up”… as if you is one. :p :inlove:

People who know how to ride bikes don’t rely on excessive Tire Gription to accomplish scrubbing speed. The relationship of roll resistance/braking is a matter of choice for the type of riding you do.

I thought the video did a great job of sharing performance versus weight versus trail type. I “might” put a more aggressive tire on the front but will keep the Rekon on the rear. I find rear braking is more for steering.

Stay hairy you MTB Hottie! :oops::D
Leave the steep stuff for the critters.

I run the 2.5 Assagai on the front of ALL my bikes....Forkaster on the R of the Ripley, Dissector on the Mojo 4 mullet and an Aggressor on the R of the Switchblade on my current Oregon/Whistler trip as I didn't want to be taking any chances with a flat on all these enduro rides. I'll put a Forecaster on it when I get back home. I've been beyond impressed with that tire. I've never once found a need for EXO+, Double Down, DH casing or tire inserts.

Back