Trabuco Trail 05-20-2023

Thanks Jay. I'll see if I can make this one... Although Crystal cove now opened up and I'm like months behind on my volunteering there.

But for other people who see this and think trail work is dare I say....Not fun...

It's awesome to get back in some of the places that we all know but haven't seen in years.. Yeah I was tired and maybe a bit sore after the last one but I had that glow for the next couple days.

So get out there and put a little in. It might be a little bit more rewarding than you think.

Oh shoot @mtnbikej I just saw this. Is this Saturday? I'm in the great white north, the actual great white North ...Canada Not sure if I'll be home in time. I'll check in

Updated!!!!!

WHAT: Holy Jim Trail brushing
WHERE: Holy Jim lower trailhead parking lot
WHEN: This Saturday, May 20th
TIME: 8:30 am

With the lifting of the Closure Order on the burn area, Holy Jim needs some TLC on the first mile or so.

Tools will be provided. Having said that, if you have an electric hedge trimmer, bring it (and a spare battery).

Please RSVP so I know how many tools to bring.

Long sleeves, long pants, gloves, sturdy shoes, a floppy hat and plenty of sunscreen.

Also enough water and trail snacks to keep you on your feet for 5-hours.

First aid kit and whatever meds (asthma inhaler, epi pens, etc.) that you need.

Who's in?
Email Keith Eckstein at:

ecksteinly29@gmail.com

I will say this is the easiest of the Trailwork days to do.

the hike in is short and easy. There is very little elevation gain. It’s mostly in the shade. Temps stay on the cooler side.

no death march into the backcountry for miles on miles.

turnout so far is on the light side…we need more bodies.

Back