The Games to JPL

Assuming you mean 3 Points TH near Chilao to Hwy 2, then drop down to the Gab, then follow it to JPL:

Silver Moc from 3 Points to Bandido CG is ok. A few downed trees, and one eroded section. A bit overgrown in spots but not bad. It's worth riding and needs traffic. From Bandido all the way down to the very bottom at Alder Creek it is in pretty good shape. Maybe a couple downed trees the whole way. The singletrack climb from Alder up to Hwy 2 had lots of deadfall when I was there in May but it looks like a number of riders climbed it for LA tourist race in June and it only took them about 20min, so it can't be that bad.

The Shortcut singletrack dropping down from 2 to West Fork trail camp reportedly does not exist anymore down in the canyon. It barely existed before the fire. The Shortcut road had a big slide on it just above the stream crossing. Apparently someone dug a path across it so it should be passable now. As for Gabrielino, it has been worked on from West Fork CG to Valley Forge CG. You'll need to take Rincon Redbox FR for the other sections. Once at Redbox TH it's all good.

Anyone ridden the Gabe from 3 points to JPL recently?
Wondering how the remote sections on the south side of the 2 are. If overgrown. Its on my todo in a couple weeks when the temps are down in the 70s.
Steve and Pat rode SM from Three Points to Hwy 2 recently. They said it was rough in places after Charlton Flat but OK over all. I think they said the climb back up to Hwy 2 at Shortcut was tough. They did not attempt the drop down from Hwy 2 down to West Fork. Instead, they rolled Hwy 2 to Redbox and then jumped back on the Gab and rolled down to Switzer where they climbed up to Clear Creek Junction to finish the ride rolling down the 2 to Gould Mesa. It's my understanding that the trail crews have been working on the Gab above the Ken Burton TH junction but we don't know anyone who has rolled it recently.

EDIT: they rolled all the way down the 2 from Shortcut to Gould Mesa! :oops:

Last edited:
Back