Pedal thread sleeves in Raceface Next carbon cranks

mike

iMTB Hooligan
I've heard for years they loosen up (no fix possible) while happily using multiple sets of these cranks. Then I had one loosen. Recently I found both loose on one set. No problem, I'll just borrow the set off my SS. Nope, one of those is loose now, too. The only ones in our house not loosening are the ones used by a 110 lb rider. 100% failure rate for me at this point. This has to be why these cranks are being blown out now and a new version been released.

Last two sets I bought are Raceface Turbine alloy. Heavy but bomber, I'll take em.

Thanks for the input.

It would be impossible to say if mine were damaged by pedal strikes or more normal repetitive forces. I've had a few bad strikes. (Another reason for wanting to replace these.) Not that that matters with the result. It's enough of a hassle to accept more weight as a solution, which I reluctantly am. Wife laughed at the price of Eewings, so I guess aluminum is the way forward.

On a weight weenie bike, I'm down for carbon. The old XO1 on my old bike look like hell, still fine. But I'm not sure RF has figured out how to bind them.

On a non weight weenie bike, I'll stick with metal. Turbines are my go to, and mine look like they have the mileage they actually have.

Good endorsement, Josh. I just put on the Turbines, getting the Ranger up to 29 lbs.

Raceface 28t elliptical ring I believe is a new product. It looks cool.

Back