Operating System Upgrade - Site May be Down for 30+ Minutes

Not yet!

Actually… it’s not, I’m upgrading the software version of the Forum first. That way we can bump up to PHP 8. Whatever the hail that means, then we will upgrade the server operating system platform the site sits on… it’s, uh… it’s complicated. o_O
I'll have to put another quarter in the meter then... :thumbsup:

Brace for Impact!
The money has been laid down to upgrade to the most current version of xenforo.
Many if not all of the Mods I have had help from Andy to customize imtbtrails will be lost as V2 has vast differences in operating software from V1.
We may lose the Picture Slot machine feature for example. But I will try to upgrade those types of thingy's as I really found PSM to be a wonderful reminder of past events.

It would be really convenient to be able to download videos directly in our post instead of you tube and and then posting a link as I understand it. We would get many more video posts.
I totally get it.
The challenge is we would need to pay for the storage which would be like huge! I have upgraded our storage capacity around 5 times just for the images and animated .gifs we post since we started the site. So unfortunately, we have to let Vimeo and YouTube do the storing.

IME upgrades are typically downgrades and lose operational abilities for a while. Like today, my phone "upgraded" and I lost CarPlay while on a long ass road trip for work. Like WTH? Where's my CB radio??...

On a side note, I'm in Agoura Hills for work and went to a Pizza place for dinner, ordered Pepperoni pizza and the said "this is a vegetarian restaurant" o_O. OK is the cheese real? really??? lol.....pizza was edible but I won't be back.

Last edited:
IME upgrades are typically downgrades and lose operational abilities for a while. Like today, my phone "upgraded" and I lost CarPlay while on a long ass road trip for work. Like WTH? Where's my CB radio??...

On a side note, I'm in Agoura Hills for work and went to a Pizza place for dinner, ordered Pepperoni pizza and the said "this is a vegetarian restaurant" o_O. OK is the cheese real? really??? lol.....pizza was edible but I won't be back.

Grass fed cows are vegetarian....

From xenforo:
Hi Mikie,
Thank you for the WHM login.
As mentioned previously in your other ticket this is a large upgrade, none of your addons or styles will work. So we will disable them and reset the style to default.
Are you happy for me to proceed on that basis?
Regards
Jon

Mikie:
I understand. Please proceed.
:eek:Skeered! ;)

Also... I'm not sure you had it before, but you certainly have it now. Responsive formatting. Xenforo now allows you to format the site based on display width of the device viewing the site. So you see the site one way on a cell phone, another way on a tablet, and a 3rd way on a PC with a 4K display. It sounds complicated but it isn't. Narrow, medium, wide. The site automatically reformats and stacks columns, etc.

All I will say is play with the default values. The "wide" default values are far far too narrow. Here is what the site currently looks like on a 4K display:

responsive-formatting.jpg

Just to contrast, my site on a 4K display using the same software:

4kbnut.jpg

Last edited:

Latigo Kid is good.
There is a pizza place at Lindero and Kanan, I got between Richy Zambora and Denise Richards yelling at each other. It was because the place was too loud. They were having a post soccer team meeting there.

Is this the update? looks like I'm back in 1998. Back to the future! :(
Honestly, unless I see something different they Ripped you off, it sucks, and you should go back to the way it was. Even My pic is low resolution.
My mouse went over the photo above and links came up..and accidentally clicked it....Giphy WTH..I don't want to see that Sh!t?.....no bueno.... But then, I get what I pay for don't I. heheh.....Ride on!

Honest question though, why doesn't my photo show well?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-07-25 at 6.41.19 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-07-25 at 6.41.19 PM.png
    334.6 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Back