Mtn Biker death in the OC

rossage

iMTB Hooligan
X-post from STR contains info and bullshit concerning this tragic event.

Good read and a warning to all of US.

Be safe and have fun out there.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.socaltrailriders.org/forum/showthread.php?70134-biker-missing-on-skyline" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.socaltrailriders.org/forum/s ... on-skyline</a>

In case you'd rather get the info without surfing through the BS and bashing....
[/url]http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2014/03/02/mountain-biker-who-went-missing-in-corona-found-dead/

But there are better, more detailed reports inside...lurking between the finger pointing and second guessing.

Getting your news from only one source just limits how much you will know about an event. The rider was found dead still in the saddle, hands on the grips, feet clipped in.... :shock:

Watch what happens on STR....and try not to repeat it. :roll:

Yes this really sucks! The weird thing is, this poor guy seems very familiar as does his name. I am almost positive I met him riding McGill last year - he and his buds were shuttling. Despite the shuttling, he was a pretty cool dude and a very good rider.

Be careful and prepared out there! It's pretty easy to get over confident. I've been riding solo a lot lately and not bringing any gear except a water bottle or two - this story reminded me how stoopid I am. I think I will get a SPOT. Or maybe I will start riding with other humans again?

rossage said:
But there are better, more detailed reports inside...lurking between the finger pointing and second guessing.

Getting your news from only one source just limits how much you will know about an event. The rider was found dead still in the saddle, hands on the grips, feet clipped in.... :shock:

Watch what happens on STR....and try not to repeat it. :roll:

Watch all you want on STR . . . immature and bad attitudes will not be tolerated on imtbtrails... ;) but it seems from what I'm reading there is an air of condolence and sadness for a fallen fellow MTB'er... The way it should be... My heart goes out to the family. That has got to be a shock...

Willi-D said:
Yes this really sucks! The weird thing is, this poor guy seems very familiar as does his name. I am almost positive I met him riding McGill last year - he and his buds were shuttling. Despite the shuttling, he was a pretty cool dude and a very good rider.

Be careful and prepared out there! It's pretty easy to get over confident. I've been riding solo a lot lately and not bringing any gear except a water bottle or two - this story reminded me how stoopid I am. I think I will get a SPOT. Or maybe I will start riding with other humans again?

Yah, sorry!

Wow Doug! You just about derailed a train of thought onto your keyboard with that stream of consciousness! The feelings that an event like this stir up are deep and personal. The finger of blame need not be pointed. A measure of sympathy and condolences are what's needed now.

j/k about the shuttling. I do enjoy a ride to the top myself on occasion
So back to the topic sort of: I brought the kitchen sink on my ride today. And rode with another human (if Dennis can be considered human)

Also - hope you all can visit the family's website and donate something to help them out.

Back