Matt's Off Road REcovery and Seth ride GoosEberry MEsa (Trigger warning)

I sEE what you did thErE... :facepalm:

"Fear" may not be the right word. "Disdain" might be more apt. :cautious:
We non-motor riders still have yet to see the benefits brought to mt biking by the widespread proliferation of the moto-scooters.

And before you type your stories of people who couldn't otherwise ride (which will be me someday - probably too soon) that's a very, very, very small portion of the e-bike ridership. Show me how it has benefitted the sport of mt biking - not an individual mt biker.

That said - I know the war is over. The motors won. Congrats!

Last edited:
I watched that about a week or so ago. Entertaining video, as you come to expect with anything Seth puts out there. Regardless of the ebike, you gotta give the guy credit for his willingness to try really hard stuff both up and down. I don't think the motor makes committing to those features any easier. I'm sure it would help on the hard uphill punchy moves, but only if you know what you're doing. I think he was benefitted a bit on the sketchy downhill moves by modern geometry. In a few cases, the bike was taking him for a ride, but it worked out. The guy could become an excellent bike handler with very little effort if he decides to stay with it.

Vaguely related topic: Did Mikie get to meet and/or ride with Seth during his experimental, extended stay in Bentonville last year?

Back