Job

Neccros

Newbie with Hope!
I hate to post my problems but I am getting to a point where I wont be able to pay my rent or bills soon...

Does anyone know of places that are hiring? or their work is hiring? I'm in the South bay of LA.

Thanks in adavanced

I'm on the Northrop Grumman Interview Team and work the F35 Production Line as a 2nd Level Manager. I can tell you we are hiring a bunch of people.
You can come in as a trainee (very rare) by taking 3 classes at the local Antelope Valley College. It gets you in the door for a very long term program. You would have to be willing to relocate to near the Antelope Valley.
Obviously having mechanical ability is a huge plus.
Company also pays $15k a year towards a Degree in any type of related field.
As well, the F35 Program is not the only program in Palmdale, there are several on the site to include Black World Programs such as B2, Hale and others I can't mention...

The Antelope Valley has some nice Mountain Biking, as well, you are near Wrightwood, Kernville, Downeyville (sort of), Big Bear (2 hours), Mammoth (4 1/2 hours), where there is some excellent singletrack. 8-)
So there is opportunity if you want to invest in a long term plan...
Man! I sound like a recruiter... ;)
~Mikie

Problem is I don't have much time. I have about $1400 to my name and March rent is about $900... and not to mention all my bills and car payment/insurance.

I already eat Oatmeal 2-3x a day and it sucks....

Sounds like you need a short term and long term plan. Find anything in the Antelope Valley as it is cheaper to live there anyway and then stabilize enough to get the college classes behind you. Just a suggestion from what I have to offer...

yes I need something extremely quick to just be able to make ends meet right now... I don't plan on moving because the cost of moving and my crappy credit is preventing it.

I'm seriously considering a crowdfunding site.

I was royally screwed over by Pricepoint.com (where I worked) and they put me in such a bind. I highly recommend buying your bike stuff from anyone else but them.

that sucks necross.....one of my friends just got a fuji FS there last week, paid online, picked at the place in torrance I guess, I didnt see this post earlier man...

I'm not the only one this company is screwing over... I talk to people still there and they say its just a toxic environment...

Mikie said:
I'm on the Northrop Grumman Interview Team
~Mikie

Interesting I am good friends with Dan Verwiel we used to own a company together in the 90's <a class="postlink" href="http://www.northropgrumman.com/AboutUs/BusinessSectors/InformationSystems/Documents/VerwielDan.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.northropgrumman.com/AboutUs/ ... ielDan.pdf</a>

If you feel any employment matters are discriminatory based on your race, sex, age, national origin, disability, etc, give me a call at 213-894-1090. I can't legally give you advice, but I may be able to inform you on whether your rights were potentially violated.

That includes you folks at Northrop Gruman. I get complaints from large companies like that on a daily basis.

skyungjae said:
That includes you folks at Northrop Gruman. I get complaints from large companies like that on a daily basis.
What are you talking about?!?!? Everything is fine at Northrop Grumman... :think:

Nice going, Necros. No bad jobs, only bad workers. Upgrade when it makes sense.

That was one incredibly generous offer Mikie threw down. No thanks button for people helping you out of your hole, bro? Ouch.

mike said:

That was one incredibly generous offer Mikie threw down. No thanks button for people helping you out of your hole, bro? Ouch.

Huh???

mike said:

Mmmmm I didn't notice that, good eye Mike..!

Well shoot, Jaime, what I did notice is Mikie putting his ass on the line for someone he doesn't even know beyond a MTB web site. That is a commitment. Whether or not I took the offer, I would be gratefully acknowledge that extension. But Wtf do I know...they probably discussed it offline and I'm out to lunch. Happy day...

Back