Is There A Doctor In The House?

Mikie

Admin/iMTB Hooligan
Finally got an MRI on my left shoulder today. Got the results before I actually got home.
I know that Google has an App to translate multiple languages, however I don’t think it speaks “Doctor”.

Does anyone have any idea what is and what is. It wrong with my left shoulder?
Is there a Doctor in the house?

IMPRESSION: 1. Multifocal rotator cuff tendinosis with partial-thickness tearing as above. No high-grade partial-thickness or full-thickness rotator cuff tear. 2. Long head of biceps tenosynovitis and tendinosis with suspected low-grade partial-thickness tearing of its intra-articular segment.

Narrative​

MRI SHOULDER WO CONTRAST LEFT CLINICAL INDICATIONS: Left shoulder pain

TECHNIQUE: Multiplanar multisequence imaging of the left shoulder was performed without contrast material.

COMPARISONS:
None FINDINGS:
FLUID/BURSA: There is a trace glenohumeral effusion. There is fluid distention of the superior subscapular recess and of the long head of biceps tendon sheath. There is a small amount of fluid in the subacromial subdeltoid bursa.

BONE/MARROW: No fracture, avascular necrosis, or pathologic marrow infiltration. There are mild subcortical enthesopathic changes along the proximal humerus. There is also some biceps chondromalacia along the lesser tuberosity. There is mild superior subluxation of the humeral head. There is a chronic fracture deformity of the clavicle with surgical changes along the AC joint.

ROTATOR CUFF: Supraspinatus: Tendinosis with intermediate grade partial-thickness articular sided tearing and the crescent zone and low-grade partial-thickness articular sided tearing at the footprint. There is also some low-grade interstitial delamination near the tendon footprint as well. Infraspinatus: Tendinosis with low-grade partial-thickness articular sided tearing and the crescent zone. Subscapularis: Tendinosis with low-grade partial-thickness articular sided tearing at and medial to the tendon footprint. Teres minor: Intact The muscles are normal without evidence of atrophy, edema, or other abnormalities.

LHBBT: There is tendinosis of the long head of the biceps most severe at its genu and along its intra-articular segment. There may be some low-grade partial-thickness tearing of its intra-articular segment.

LABRUM: There is mild fraying of the superior glenoid labrum. No displaced labral tear.

CARTILAGE: Mild chondral thinning without focal chondral defect.

MUSCLES: Muscles other than those of the rotator cuff are normal without tear, edema, or atrophy.

Last edited:
I will interpret that for you.

There isn’t anything majorly wrong, but there’s enough little stuff to be causing you daily pain. The best treatment is to stop aging. That, however is contraindicated.

I will interpret that for you.

There isn’t anything majorly wrong, but there’s enough little stuff to be causing you daily pain. The best treatment is to stop aging. That, however is contraindicated.
Thank you Doctor Hurtsalot. :thumbsup:
Soooooo…… drugs. ;)

Back