Fizik Vento

Sasquatch9billion

iMTB Rockstah
I’m posting this review for anyone who’s getting older and starting to get some discomfort in the area that contacts their saddle. I’ve been experiencing this discomfort after rides for awhile now and finally saw a sports medicine doctor about it.

The Dr.’s best advice was to get an “alternative saddle,” the kind without the nose and a large deep center cutout and to wear a thicker chamois.

I stocked up on chamois over the holidays and happened upon a brand new Fizik Vento R5 at the local bike swap meet. The guy had to have been a sales rep. or a rider for them, he had a stockpile of brand new Fizik shoes and saddles going super cheap. I wanted one of the nicer 3D printed saddles but those were all smaller sizes. I’ve measure my air one and should be riding something about 150-160mm wide. they guy had this Fizik Vento Argo R5 and was only asking $20. I figured, even if it didn’t help alleviate my issue, it’s a nice saddle for a killer deal.

I put the saddle on my gravel bike and am a handful of rides in. The longest ride being about 35 miles of mixed surface riding. Even paired with my thin Patagonia commuter chamois the post ride sensitivity has been eliminated.

I believe this line is a short nosed design meant for more “aggressive,” riding positions and I’ve seen that mentioned as a negative on some reviews of the saddle. But, for me it feels like a great fit.

everyone’s riding style and positioning is different, plus ,everyone’s body is different. With that said, I’m very pleased with how this saddle is working for me.

I may take my year old ergon saddle off the mtn bike and get a second Argo for that one as well.

Back