DJI Avinox bike

Interesting - would a DJI drone fly behind with a spare battery?

Look like they outdone everyone on the motor power, weight and battery capacity

No.

This is not an e-bike friendly webiste. We reluctantly support our friends who dabble in e-bikery, and a few who need an e-bike, but most of us are clinging onto the last ounce of dignity, pedaling our old, slow asses up the hill without motorized assistance.

Last edited:
No.

This is not an e-bike friendly webiste. We reluctantly support our friends who dabble in e-bikery, and a few who need an e-bike, but most of us are clinging onto the last ounce of dignity, pedaling our old, slow asses up the hill without motorized assistance.

You might be surprised how many people in your immedeate surrounding or on this forum are already e-bike owners, they probably not revealing their ownership of e-bikes for this exact same attitude..

How is it banned if simple google search "buy DJI drone" returns a million links with "official USA dealers"?

Quick search, Lost of hits. Passed but not law yet. Surprised that your unaware if a Dji fan. Basically about privacy concerns and data being sent to China. Anyway, makes sense to look at a different company to error on the side if caution so the motor doesn't get bricked and you have an analog bike.

But I have privacy issues with tech and don't ride an e bike, so your choice. Enjoy the ride.

https://www.theverge.com/2024/4/26/24141369/dji-ban-china-countering-ccp-drones-act

You might be surprised how many people in your immedeate surrounding or on this forum are already e-bike owners, they probably not revealing their ownership of e-bikes for this exact same attitude..
Indeed. I realize that the pedalers lost the battle and the war. E-Mt Bikes outsell non-motorized mt bikes (previously referred to as "mt. bikes") by probably 7:1 if not higher. And yes, many people on IMTB quietly ride e-bikes - I don't think I would be surprised as you suggest I might.

What should my attitude be, exactly? Should I love all that the e-bikes have done to progress the sport of mt. biking in Southern CA? :facepalm: :Roflmao It is what it is. You do you. I am kind to all trail users as long as they aren't being rude.

My attitude has always been, and continues to be - if you need one, ride one. I'm sure I will succumb soon enough if I care to keep riding. But so far I have recovered from my back surgery in 2022, my 60th birthday in 2023 and my hip replacement in April 2024 and still don't feel like I need one - and I suck as a climber!

But no matter what you ride, please be courteous and mindful of other trail users and grateful for the trail access we enjoy. :thumbsup: :cool:

Last edited:
I’m no ebike expert but if so was to buy one, it would be something like this. I’m not going to half ass it and say “oh I get the same workout because I ride in eco mode”. I may not be in turbo mode but I’ll be zipping uphill & railing corners going down. I'm going to take advantage of that power and milk every watt of that motor!!

All excellent points on your last post @herzalot but I question that emtb to actual MTB ratio. I realize e-bikes on the whole are selling well but in a true mountain bike format, I know here in Prescott that pedal powered outsells motorized by a wide margin. We have (2) dealers that post their sales photos on FB & IG and you rarely see motorized bikes.

Last edited:
Indeed. I realize that the pedalers lost the battle and the war. E-Mt Bikes outsell non-motorized mt bikes (previously referred to as "mt. bikes") by probably 7:1 if not higher. And yes, many people on IMTB quietly ride e-bikes - I don't think I would be surprised as you suggest I might.

What should my attitude be, exactly? Should I love all that the e-bikes have done to progress the sport of mt. biking in Southern CA? :facepalm: :Roflmao It is what it is. You do you. I am kind to all trail users as long as they aren't being rude.

My attitude has always been, and continues to be - if you need one, ride one. I'm sure I will succumb soon enough if I care to keep riding. But so far I have recovered from my back surgery in 2022, my 60th birthday in 2023 and my hip replacement in April 2024 and still don't feel like I need one - and I suck as a climber!

But no matter what you ride, please be courteous and mindful of other trail users and grateful for the trail access we enjoy. :thumbsup: :cool:
How could anyone be rude to a dude in the bush donning lingerie as the outer layer of his kit?

All excellent points on your last post @herzalot but I question that emtb to actual MTB ratio. I realize e-bikes on the whole are selling well but in a true mountain bike format, I know here in Prescott that pedal powered outsells motorized by a wide margin. We have (2) dealers that post their sales photos on FB & IG and you rarely see motorized bikes.
Yay!!!
Everything is skewed in SoCal. For winter sports I’d say 90% of SoCal snow riders under 60 are snowboarders, but if you go to Colorado, Tahoe, Utah or Canada, there are a shitton more skiers than in SoCal and two-plankers typically outnumber the knuckle draggers by a fair bit.

Luckily, I’m bi-platform, so I swing either way!

And I think we have derailed this thread away from ebike motors. Yay again!

Yup. Uphill flow trails are real on your motor-bikes. Super fun to encounter an uphiller going 15 mph up Meadow while I am doing 15 mph down the same trail - with limited sight lines. Exciting! Can't wait until that's common on The Luge! :eek: :facepalm:
Excellent point…

Steezer, just post your ebike stuff on the I rode my ebike thread. There is more ebike info there. And yes I do ride eco mode primarily and get the the same if not more of a work out because I can pedal more and further. I like "half assing it"! Those who don't , don't know. Half the reason I ride an ebike is for fitness. I even train with the motor off. It makes for a really fun experience when I ride my mtb.
Now back to the motor.
Its "Downhill both ways" as the bike industry says

Steezer, just post your ebike stuff on the I rode my ebike thread. There is more ebike info there. And yes I do ride eco mode primarily and get the the same if not more of a work out because I can pedal more and further. I like "half assing it"! Those who don't , don't know. Half the reason I ride an ebike is for fitness. I even train with the motor off. It makes for a really fun experience when I ride my mtb.
Now back to the motor.
Thanks Tom for your insight. Your opinions are valuable as a person who has "paid his dues". Now Back to the motor.

Back