Devils Racetrack at Devils Den State Park

Mikie

Admin/iMTB Hooligan
It's pouring rain here in Northwest Arkansas. :gotnothing: Like a monsoon. :facepalm:
So, this meant I had time to try out my new laptop and make a Trail video like I have been promising.

This is Devils Racetrack out at Devils Den State Park. one of my favorites. The problem with favorites is there is too much good stuff, and nobody want to watch 20-minute home movies. So, I cut the sheet out of it to make it 13 minutes. Want to know why my rides are shorter in NWA? Ride this stuff all day long and you will see why. There are not really any road climbs to singletrack. it's all singletrack. I had to click "Settings" to place in HD.
Right around 5:13 the trail gets awesome! At 9:23 the trail gets mind blowing...:thumbsup:

Enjoy!

Last edited:
It's pouring rain here in Northwest Arkansas. :gotnothing: Like a monsoon. :facepalm:
So, this meant I had time to try out my new laptop and make a Trail video like I have been promising.

This is Devils Racetrack out at Devils Den State Park. one of my favorites. The problem with favorites is there is too much good stuff, and nobody want to watch 20-minute home movies. So, I cut the sheet out of it to make it 13 minutes. Want to know why my rides are shorter in NWA? Ride this stuff all day long and you will see why. There are not really any road climbs to singletrack. it's all singletrack. I had to click "Settings" to place in HD.
Right around 5:13 the trail gets awesome! At 9:23 the trail gets mind blowing...:thumbsup:

Enjoy!
DAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN' 'BOUT!!! :inlove:

Thank for sharing this @Mikie. It's new blood that we needed to see here. That's my kind of riding, right thar. And the snake encounter possibilities look endless.

What tire combo have you found that works best there for you?

Oh, and your riding buddy talks too much! :laugh:

DAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN' 'BOUT!!! :inlove:

Thanks for sharing this @Mikie. It's new blood that we needed to see here. That's my kind of riding, right thar. And the snake encounter possibilities look endless.

What tire combo have you found that works best there for you?

Oh, and your riding buddy talks too much! :laugh:
HAH! He DOES talk too much! And I edited most of it out. :geek:...
For me, the Rekons kill it out here. Currently running 2.6 in the front and 2.4 in the rear, but moving to 2.4 in the front as well when I wear this one out. When the rock is wet, man it is slippery, but bigger knobs is not going to make it better. The trails here are cheese graters with mostly marble and bigger mixed with clay. most do not drain well so the Rekons work really well in general. :thumbsup:

I was just telling a Prescott local about Devils Den about 20 minutes ago. He has family in Eureka Springs but has never ridden any of the Monument Trails. Another huge bonus about Devils Den is the bathrooms with legit free showers available. Great for people hitting a trail and then moving on to another location after the ride.

I was just telling a Prescott local about Devils Den about 20 minutes ago. He has family in Eureka Springs but has never ridden any of the Monument Trails. Another huge bonus about Devils Den is the bathrooms with legit free showers available. Great for people hitting a trail and then moving on to another location after the ride.
If I recall... it's a NWA Felony if you DON'T ride Devils Racetrack. It is an absolute classic! The bathrooms at trailheads in general in NWA are always super clean and super nice. :thumbsup:

Enjoy!

@Mikie - your secret is out. In no less than the New York Times.
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/10/04/...lZpD8BduLzsRSvPJAMena212PHl0BU&smid=url-share

How can that guy talk so much about nothing while riding through such demanding and interesting terrain?

Pet peeve "my front fork" Thank you for specifying which fork! :confused: :Roflmao

But yes - Ryan Pinkerton is killing it!

4:50 Partner says: "blah blah blah... it was newly hatched, maybe 5" long..."
Mikie responds with feigned interest, "huh"

What Mikie really wanted to say was "Can you shut up now?"

Last edited:
Back