CORBA Strawberry Peak Trail Work 2/16/14

As you are most likely aware these trails were damaged as a result of the station fire and have been closed ever since. CORBA, the Los Angeles Conservation Corps (LACC), and the Sierra Club have been working on repairs over the last couple of years and have come a long way however, there is still much work to do!

The CORBA Trail Crew has a work day schedule for 2/16 and the Sierra Club on 2/8. Information is on the CORBA Meetup site. <a class="postlink" href="http://www.meetup.com/CORBAmtb/events/163176132/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.meetup.com/CORBAmtb/events/163176132/</a> Please sign up on the Meetup site so CORBA can get a head count.

My company Bellfree Contractors and the LACC will be up there for the next couple of weeks doing some of the major repairs. However, due to the lack of funding the majority of the work will be done by volunteers. If anyone wants to come up during the week to volunteer to do some repairs I can point you the right direction.

I hope to see some of you on the 16th!

Hans

Guys,
I'm trying to undo some commitments for February 16th to get down to assist with the Strawberry Peak Trail work day.
Would anyone be interested in going with me?

As well,
Hans. For those that be there, what should one bring?

You out to show Hans the beast! Not sure if he can use it without some kind of permit though.

Moved this to the "Trail Maintenance" Forum...

I'm confident "The Beast" requires a permit...Ha hah!

imtbtrails said:

Sorry Mikie! Rookie move! I should have looked around the site more before posting this. I did not notice the Trail Maintenenace forum or the fact that Ed had already posted it.

The beast will not be needed. We will be doing mainly tread work and retaining wall repairs. McLeods will be the tool of choice for the day. CORBA should have enough tools for everyone. I have five McLeods I will bring too. If you do have a McLeod feel free to bring it.

El Presidente said:
imtbtrails said:

Sorry Mikie! Rookie move! I should have looked around the site more before posting this. I did not notice the Trail Maintenenace forum or the fact that Ed had already posted it.

The beast will not be needed. We will be doing mainly tread work and retaining wall repairs. McLeods will be the tool of choice for the day. CORBA should have enough tools for everyone. I have five McLeods I will bring too. If you do have a McLeod feel free to bring it.

You're El Presidente. You can post where ever you want to! :-)

I will be going up to help out Hans and crew on Monday, the 10th. Meeting early, like 6:30am at Clear Creek. Let me know if you can make it.
Strawberry peak rocks!

rossage said:
I will be going up to help out Hans and crew on Monday, the 10th. Meeting early, like 6:30am at Clear Creek. Let me know if you can make it.
Strawberry peak rocks!

I will already be an hour and a half into building weapons of mass destruction at my J.O.B. :o
Wish I could attend! :cry:

Got a good crowd going up to hoist some shovels and kill some poodle dog bush! 8 am at Red Box. 7am or so at the 2 and 210.
Like the natives say, "getyourassouttherefugger!". :o

No worries Mikie! You can never ride this trail though....ever.....

Ha ha! We had close to 30 people out there from CORBA, OTB, MWBA, Imtbtrails.com, the FBI, CIA, NSA AND NWA!
Got a lot of work done, still more to do. ...Strawberry will be back soon!

Back