Cardiologist advice for "older"riders

I don't train for anything anymore. I just ride because I enjoy bring on the bike outdoors.
I do however use my Forunner to keep track of my stats, including the time spent in my heart rate zones.
Good information in the video.

Mostly unintelligible Bri'ish accents...but I got the gist.

However, what you need to know first and foremost is whether your heart is compromised in any way. I found out about mine in 2016. Luckily, turns out the cardiologist said "keep doing what you're doing, just monitor the heart rate."

I'm not interested in training. Just keeping fairly fit and not dying until I have to.

Last edited:
Hmmm..... Given a few folks that had heart issues ( poofighter :cry: ) and with calcium deposits, I had mine tested. $150, and the result was zero detectible calcium deposits. So I feel pretty good about that.

With that said, I don't train I just ride for fun. Hopefully can do that again now. However, my Lauf came with a power meter which apparently is for training. The most useless thing I've ever had on a bike. " Oh look, my left leg is 51% power". BFD. LOL. anyway it's there and thought about selling it but whatever.

Didn't watch the vid, and just thought I'd chime cause I can. :p

Party on Garth!!

Last edited:
upload_2024-2-28_7-54-1.png

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
― Hunter S. Thompson

Last edited:
Back