Box Prime 9 groupset

Bluesrider

I am interested in the new Box Prime 9 groupset. I like the idea of fewer gears yet same range for the most part as a 11 or 12 speed. The concept makes sense to eliminate the gears we normally skip just to get to the gear we want. I know when I ride(has been forever) I don't ever shift my 11 speed one individual gear at a time. Whether shifting up or down the cassette. Would like to try before I buy, but curious if anyone has ridden this groupset.

I am interested in the new Box Prime 9 groupset. I like the idea of fewer gears yet same range for the most part as a 11 or 12 speed. The concept makes sense to eliminate the gears we normally skip just to get to the gear we want. I know when I ride(has been forever) I don't ever shift my 11 speed one individual gear at a time. Whether shifting up or down the cassette. Would like to try before I buy, but curious if anyone has ridden this groupset.
Are you new here? I vaguely remember someone named you...
Go with the new XT Groupo I like the gear cessation. Also shifts under power which is pretty cool! Welcome to imtbtrails! :rolleyes::p

yea, but the big jumps between the available gears would have me searching for the Goldilocks gear.
From what I can tell, that is the entire life of a Singlespeed rider. All they talk about is tooth count and gear inches. I've never heard a Singlespeed rider satisfied with his gear choice. Oh yeah, but it makes riding so simple! I forgot! :facepalm: ;)

But yeah, I'd steer away from Box based on reviews.

From what I can tell, that is the entire life of a Singlespeed rider. All they talk about is tooth count and gear inches. I've never heard a Singlespeed rider satisfied with his gear choice. Oh yeah, but it makes riding so simple! I forgot! :facepalm: ;)

It’s much simpler....stand, sit, walk. With those 3 gears I can get up anything.

This was perfect and wish I could like it a dozen more times, ha hah hah!

TODD!

Where have you been man?

Box stuff has big jumps, big clunks, but it works. I'll stick with XT thank you.
TODD!

Where have you been man?

Box stuff has big jumps, big clunks, but it works. I'll stick with XT thank you.

I’m out in the mountains somewhere, just not riding,mostly climbing. Now healing from said climbing, after almost ripping my arm off. Be back soon

I’m out in the mountains somewhere, just not riding,mostly climbing. Now healing from said climbing, after almost ripping my arm off. Be back soon
Dafuq, Todd, you know C19 lives on rock for days. Not the first thing on your mind when you're gripped or your arm is being ripped off. Stay safe, bud.

Back