Bonelli Loop

DangerDirtyD

iMTB Hooligan
Ride Name: Bonelli Loop
When: Saturday 8/5/23
Time: 7:30 am
Where: Norm's Hangar (1615 McKinley Ave, La Verne, CA 91750)
Ride Description or Details:
2-hour loop around Puddingstone Lake within Bonelli Regional Park. Counterclockwise enduro loop.
~~~~~ Optional Details ~~~~~
Meet Location: Norm's Hangar (1615 McKinley Ave, La Verne, CA 91750)
Skill Level: Intermediate, Advanced
Ride Pace: Easy with Moments of Effort, Moderate Pace, Fast Pace
Type of Ride: Loop
Rider Limit: Everyone is invited
Anticipated Mileage: 13 ish
Elevation Gain: 1,700' ish
Ride Duration: 2 hours
Previous Ride Reports: Not sure.
Possible Bail-Outs: Several
Facilities: Several
Food/water suggestions: Eat food; derink water
Option to Upload:

Great morning with Trinidad and Dante and George at Bonelli! 13.68/1,658’. Felt warm from lack of wind, but all good. Paced the climbs to make it through the ride. We skipped a few trails, but i feel like I rode 50 miles. One of the best enduro routes is lost this summer to overgrowth; we learned the hard way.

Thank you Squatch for the ride home so I could deliver without spilling breakfast and coffee and donuts to the family. It’s been a good day so far.

As we were riding through Bonelli, I was thinking to myself that I hope Peter Sagan succeeds in Paris 2024 so that there’s a chance he rides again in LA 2028. I hope Bonelli is the venue for the Olympic XC MTB race in 2028. So much potential for a technical XC course, especially if additional features are constructed, which we could enjoy and time ourselves against the World’s fastest riders.

Speaking of XC racing, I wonder the color(s) of Kate’s nail polish. https://www.redbull.com/us-en/theredbulletin/kate-courtney-mountain-biker-essay-overcoming-obstacles

Back