Bold claim. The mountain biking capital of the world.

I watched a video from this area recently. Not sure if it was this one. I was a bit surprised to hear that it's such a popular riding destination. It seems no different than what I assume are other locations like it all over the country. Not really my idea of what mountain biking is because of the lack of pure adventure like we find here in the San Gabes. That said, I could get used to it because the area is surrounded by world class bass fishing waters. :D

Now, is it pronounced "Ar-kan-saw" or "Our Kansas"? o_O

Last edited:
Gonna go ahead and give that designation to Squamish/Whistler BC, mmmkay?

IMBA flow trails are fun for the whole family, as are go-carts, bowling and putt-putt golf.

Not that I would necessarily disagree but:

Probably the most well known trail in Squamish? Half Nelson....a flow trail

The most famous trail in Whistler? A Line....a flow trail with loads of rollable tabletops

:D

Wal-Mart bikes... Wal-Mart Trails?

The story I saw on the Walton brothers, they were riding Santa Cruz bikes so they’d fit right in here. That was 2-3 years ago at least. I wonder if they are riding their Viathon brand now? I’ve yet to see one at WM or on the trails.

I’ve been trying to work out a plan to actually go ride some of those trails. Between the location and heat index at times with rain a possibility at any given time, it’s tricky to plan. I know some very good riders that rave about the riding there.

I watched a much longer video on Bentonville about 6 months ago. It is more about the town (and maybe county) fully embracing mountain biking. They build trails literally everywhere through town, outside of town ... and pretty much everywhere. As such, they have created quite a tourist industry around mountain biking. Basically the opposite of here.

I watched a much longer video on Bentonville about 6 months ago. It is more about the town (and maybe county) fully embracing mountain biking. They build trails literally everywhere through town, outside of town ... and pretty much everywhere. As such, they have created quite a tourist industry around mountain biking. Basically the opposite of here.

Most of the state has grabbed on to Bentonville’s coattails and some of the best trails are in Hot Springs, Bella Vista, Eureka Springs and Arkadelphia.

Last edited:
Are can sauce
Bold claim, baldface tourism promotion or provocative lie?

Every soul rider knows the capital of mountain biking is wherever she is riding her bike.

Arkansas, LOL. Wrong side of the Mississippi, son.
Um we are on the same side of the Mizzippi. I have a line for the west. It starts the first ridge East of the Rio Grande. and west of the front thrust of red rock along Colorado. This line starts at El Passo and runs to Wyoming. So Carlsbad Cavern, Sandia, Taos, Pikes Pk, Evergreen, Estes Park, Western US. Denver, Golden, Boulder, Eastern US. Flyover it enough times you will understand.

Not lost on me, TFPU.

I give AR shyt but in seriousness, I applaud any municipality, county, state, etc for creating riding opportunitues. And they should exploit their good work for economic benefit. Because what you said. Having a bunch of awesome outdoor spaces is meaningless if they can't be accessed. Outdoor users seem better represented in many places outside of SoCal. Props to Bentonville.

Last edited:
Are can sauce

Um we are on the same side of the Mizzippi. I have a line for the west. It starts the first ridge East of the Rio Grande. and west of the front thrust of red rock along Colorado. This line starts at El Passo and runs to Wyoming. So Carlsbad Cavern, Sandia, Taos, Pikes Pk, Evergreen, Estes Park, Western US. Denver, Golden, Boulder, Eastern US. Flyover it enough times you will understand.

I can see Denver maybe, but Golden is in the west.

There definitely is a line somewhere between DIA and the Coors factory though, I’ll give you that.

Not that I would necessarily disagree but:

Probably the most well known trail in Squamish? Half Nelson....a flow trail

The most famous trail in Whistler? A Line....a flow trail with loads of rollable tabletops

:D
And they have just a few other trails that are not flow trails. Just a few. Some rocks. A root or two. On and off Whistler property and all over Squamish. Guessing they don't have similar in Bentonville - Mt. Biking Capital of the World!

The Bentonville area is due to 2 grandsons of the Walton of Wal-Mart.
They are MTB riders and fans.
They have put dozens of millions of dollars in trail building and land acquisition in the area.
They have a UCI MTB World Cup coming to the area and cyclocross World Championships as well.
Untold billions can buy you almost anything you want.
I just wish flights were cheaper because I would go to CX worlds. (Or even precursor events in the prior years)

Back