A little flashback from that old site

Oaken

6CB6C28E-E252-4FA1-B635-49E1EC6A2968.jpeg

C08889BE-FD77-4079-A55E-3D1DFFC6EC58.jpeg
FAF5230B-6D98-4FFA-B8F2-FC8294F910A5.jpeg

AFFEBE4A-0884-4684-806C-52BEEB2B4F1B.jpeg

I did one group STR ride. Hated it. So many egos.

But I met many great people on STR and enjoyed many rides with a small handful of STR peeps (like 3-5). I also enjoyed the Southridge tales when it seemed everybody on STR went out there for XC, 4 cross, Super D or DH.

It was a good time, met some great people!
I’m still close with a few of the guys from there that gave up on forums. Gray (Gray) and JP ( Soul_control) were both at my bachelor party and wedding. (Although, they did both sleep through my bachelor party bike ride.):whistling:
JP gave my son and I a word-class tour of SF state and the city when we were looking at schools for the kiddo. He packed like 2 weeks worth of exploring into two days.

Good old days for sure. I am up with the group at the flag by the Luge. I see Andy, Gene, Letty and others. Sure have great memories riding with some of the STR people, before Strava...LOL. Maybe others have more pictures from those days, like the famous St Patricks day ride up STT to the Luge.

I see Andy, Gene, Letty and others. Sure have great memories riding with some of the STR people

I guess this is as good a place as any......

Many of you will remember Dean Stepper, aka Steppie on STR. I received a text letting me know that he passed away. Dino confirmed it after talking with Gene. I must have ridden 50+ Floop rides way back in the day and rides he led, introduced me to El Moro and another to Whiting Ranch. He had a few years on me but was always very respectful. I reached out to him out of the blue for some intel on the Prescott area trails around 5 years ago and he answered immediately - although I doubt he remembered me. RIP Steppie!

I see Andy, Gene, Letty and others. Sure have great memories riding with some of the STR people

Many of you will remember Dean Stepper, aka Steppie on STR. I received a text letting me know that he passed away. Dino confirmed it after talking with Gene. I must have ridden 50+ Floop rides way back in the day and rides he led, introduced me to El Moro and another to Whiting Ranch. He had a few years on me but was always very respectful. I reached out to him out of the blue for some intel on the Prescott area trails around 5 years ago and he answered immediately - although I doubt he remembered me. RIP Steppie!
:( :( :(
I rode with him a couple of times. He showed me an interesting trail or two. Great guy. Ride in Peace brother Steppie!

Really sad to hear about Dean's passing. I got to ride with him quite a few times places like Big Bear, Kernville, OC. Always a positive and insightful person to talk to. I really like his riding style as well, wasn't concerned with numbers, but rather searching out and finding scenic and cool trails, which he would always share. Ride on Dean!

A legend has passed, from forums to rides, to in person humanity. Dean helped remind us that our actions towards others is the essence of who we are. Slow and steady wins the race...Dean won! we lose a legend, but not a spirit. Live for you and for others in your actions!

Slainte'

:cry::cry:

Back