The Jims, CNF, 7/16

In winter clothes:

withinwhite.jpg

If my poison oak covered knee is a little better (Thanks MTT...), I'd like to join for part. I'll either go up and over the peak... Or maybe head to Trabuco when we reach MD to make up for the missed Trabuco descent a couple weeks ago.

This has been about my worst month ever for riding related issues... I'm ready for August. :D

Poison Oak on MTT? I saw none, haven't had evidence of exposure. Just lucky I guess. :cool:

Drive safe, @Faust29!

Team HJ:
@Toxicmoto713
@Cornholio
The weasel
mike

Maybes:
@Luis & Scott
@littlewave

For the unfamiliar, there are two ways to approach Holy Jim:

1) From the south, thru Rancho Santa Margarita, take Plano Trabuco Rd
2) From the north, thru Irvine, take Live Oak Rd

Either of these roads become Trabuco Canyon Rd.

The dirt road turnoff (unsigned Trabuco Creek Rd, heading NE) from Trabuco Cyn Rd is right next to a narrow bridge (signed NARROW BRIDGE with horse crossing signs).

The dirt drive is commonly under-estimated. Expect a half hour on this 4.5-mi rough road. Bike racks take a good beating getting out there.

If you have a last-minute issue and need to communicate, leave note here. Cel reception unlikely at HJ TH, but we can drive to find out what your issue is if you don't show up. Upshot: Don't be late!

We'll be in the blue-gray Tundra (not the Corolla).

(Disregard the red pin drop)
HJmap.jpg

Derailleur cable and shifter shat the bed on my ride with @herzalot yesterday. Headed out for a resupply right now we'll see if I can get everything up and running today.
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm gonna have to bow out. Moving the kids room today and it's going to spill over into tomorrow now. This is why I ride alone 99% of the time, sorry!
Weak sauce alert!!!!!!! Go for a ride in the AM and finish your kid's room when it's too hot to ride! You getting up at 5 am to work on your kid's room? I didn't think so!!!!!!! :geek:;):) You'll be home before breakfast is done. Don't even have to do the full ride. Thank me later... :cool::)

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Weak sauce alert!!!!!!! Go for a ride in the AM and finish your kid's room when it's too hot to ride! You getting up at 5 am to work on your kid's room? I didn't think so!!!!!!! :geek:;):) You'll be home before breakfast is done. Don't even have to do the full ride. Thank me later... :cool::)

I'm actually still trying, we have painters coming this week so wife's pressure is on. That's like the equivalent of what being sucked into a black hole is like.

I also need time to mount a new rear tire cuz I don't want to climb HJ with the 2.5 DHF I put on for SS.

I will report back, getting some Italian sub treatment and hope I can rally. @mike is eating at my stubbornness!

I'm not gonna make it.. Woke up and feel like dog poop, even got a new tire mounted and loaded my bike and gear last night but I was just up too late. Another riderless week in the books!

Back