Anyone know what happened to Geoladders?

I plan on doing Cannell Trail in late September, pending the outcome of the Trout fire up there. I have the trailforks gps route downloaded to both my watch and my Lezyne GPS. I remember geoladders used to do a turn by turn that I printed out the first time I did it (15 years ago or more). I used it that day to work my way down the trail. It identified where the spring was to refill water, and I'd like to make sure I hit that (or the cabin) to refill my water. I've looked for geoladders online, but the link seems to be dead. I find it odd that no one has put an identified waypoint for the spring and the cabin ( or at least I can't find a map with them identified). I did the trail about 5 years ago with some friends, but haven't done it enough to be super familiar with everything.

Any help is appreciated.

I plan on doing Cannell Trail in late September, pending the outcome of the Trout fire up there. I have the trailforks gps route downloaded to both my watch and my Lezyne GPS. I remember geoladders used to do a turn by turn that I printed out the first time I did it (15 years ago or more). I used it that day to work my way down the trail. It identified where the spring was to refill water, and I'd like to make sure I hit that (or the cabin) to refill my water. I've looked for geoladders online, but the link seems to be dead. I find it odd that no one has put an identified waypoint for the spring and the cabin ( or at least I can't find a map with them identified). I did the trail about 5 years ago with some friends, but haven't done it enough to be super familiar with everything.

Any help is appreciated.

You can always download a Strava route and follow it. I have one if you need it.

Also, welcome to 2024. :laugh:

The spring is right along the fire road bypass of Big Meadow IIRC. The smart move is to bring a water filter with you. There is a stream right before Big Meadow, and another toward the end of Cannell Meadow.

Either way I wouldn't hold your breath on riding Cannell this season. The fire is right to Sherman Pass, and its getting close to Cannell singletrack south of there. And only 25% contained.

The spring is right along the fire road bypass of Big Meadow IIRC. The smart move is to bring a water filter with you. There is a stream right before Big Meadow, and another toward the end of Cannell Meadow.

Either way I wouldn't hold your breath on riding Cannell this season. The fire is right to Sherman Pass, and its getting close to Cannell singletrack south of there. And only 25% contained.
Ok. Thanks for the heads up.

I did Cannell Trail recently. The spring is near Cannell Meadow, and the cabin should be on most maps. Check local biking forums or FB groups for updated waypoints since geoladders is down.

For the spring and cabin waypoints, I’d recommend checking out recent trail reviews or forums where folks might have updated info. Sometimes local hiking groups or recent trip reports can have the details you need.

Yeah, good call on the water filter. And honestly, Cannell might be a no-go this season with that fire raging near Sherman Pass

Back