Wheel size

Y-not

iMTB Rockstah
I understand what the difference/advantage is for mtb on 26", 27.5", and 29" wheels/tires, but what would the differences/advantage be for a gravel bike ?
A gravel bike up here in the mountains, as I would use it, would be long smooth fireroads, buff singletrack, and steep pavement.

I run both 650B and 700C wheels on my gravel bike. For tarmac or smooth hard packed fire roads, the 700C wheels work great. I run a 35 rear and a 40 front tire. I only run the 650b wheels if the surface is rough or sandy. The 650B tires are wider and have more volume so they help smooth out the rough stuff and float on the sand.

I run both 650B and 700C wheels on my gravel bike. For tarmac or smooth hard packed fire roads, the 700C wheels work great. I run a 35 rear and a 40 front tire. I only run the 650b wheels if the surface is rough or sandy. The 650B tires are wider and have more volume so they help smooth out the rough stuff and float on the sand.
Well! There yo have it! :thumbsup:

Well! There yo have it! :thumbsup:

Got it, as far as the size of the tires and what to use on the type if riding I am going to do.

I have a good set of 26" and 29" wheel sets, is there any advantage having a 29" setup vs a 26" set up as far as gravel/road riding ?

Back