DDD’s Hall Pass

DangerDirtyD

iMTB Hooligan
Ride Name: DDD’s Hall Pass
When: July 21 (afternoon) through July 30 (morning)
Time: Various
Where: Anywhere within 80 miles (weekdays) or 200 miles (weekend) of La Verne, CA
Ride Description or Details:
I have bikes for urban, road, gravel, trail, and enduro. Open for some new dirt, old dirt, wet dirt, no dirt.
~~~~~ Optional Details ~~~~~
Meet Location: Anywhere in Southern California
Skill Level: Intermediate, Advanced, Storm Trooper
Ride Pace: Social Cruise, Easy with Moments of Effort, Moderate Pace, Fast Pace
Type of Ride: Out and Back, Loop, Point A to B, Point A to B Shuttle, Shuttle, Lolipop
Rider Limit: Not applicable
Anticipated Mileage: Variable
Elevation Gain: Variable
Ride Duration: Variable
Previous Ride Reports: TBD
Possible Bail-Outs: TBD
Facilities: Nature
Food/water suggestions: Eat food and derink water
Option to Upload:

IMG_5339.jpeg

Potato mountain gravel grind and a few thrills. About 20 miles/3,100’ solo on the mountain.
IMG_5600.jpeg

The nasty friggin spiders are out in full force and ruined my flow in a few areas, but they stayed off my face!
IMG_5602.jpeg

The ridge dropping off Potato Mountain is loose and cobbly and almost brought an end to my hall pass. Luckily I plowed into a Sumac to stop the momentum.

The hardtail made me wince on some of the chunky downhills, but I still love her.

And suddenly - she's a teenager. Yup.

Cheers to them!
These Meegies are my niece and nephew. Twins almost 14 years old. Neither one shies away from the chunky, and they feed off each other to push their limits. A couple times some of the shop guys tried to direct them to bypass routes, but they just went for it, and I was riding too safe to intervene.

Much more intense clockwise loop around Bonelli Lake with the Crazy Bear A-Team tonight. 17.2/1,967’ of abruptly rolling rocky terrain. Started out as 8, then 7, then 3, 2, 3, 5, 4, 6, 7, and ended with 6. Felt like riding with cats.

Only one photo.
IMG_5633.jpeg
The gang ended up driving to nearby Old Stump Brewery, but I wanted the Freshman Fog so we split up, again.

24.62/449’ mostly bike path to Dana Point and San Clemente and back. 3 hazy IPAs and a safe ride with @GnastyGnate made for a good day.
IMG_5638.jpeg
IMG_5644.jpeg

Dipping into the Pacific Ocean felt like being on a vacation.

When we returned home, I squeezed his kids, shared a Belgian ale, and reset my Strava.

I left his pad and started my recovery ride to prepare for the drive home and notched up 13/1,012’ around the neighborhood.
IMG_5651.jpeg
Met a few neighbors and their moms, who took a photo for me.
IMG_5652.jpeg

I dressed in full roadie kit with Sidi Dominator 5s and didn’t get hit by any busses.
IMG_5655.jpeg

Obligatory trail photo to preserve my dignity.
IMG_5659.jpeg

Urban sprawl…
IMG_5660.jpeg

… with playgrounds built in for the kids.

Back