Ibis releases two updated models....Ripmo & Ripley

mtbMike

iMTB Rockstah
Last edited:
Both ditch the yoke, get a straight top tube, in frame storage and are MX compatible. Ripley also gets an extra 10mm of rear travel. I'm a big Ibis fan but I knew these prices were going to be up there....$9500 for a top of the line Ripley. So glad I found a deal on a Switchblade last month. Saved myself $4K over the new Ripmo!!

Ripmo
https://www.pinkbike.com/news/first...be-storage-and-mixed-wheel-compatibility.html
Ripley
https://www.pinkbike.com/news/first...be-storage-and-mixed-wheel-compatibility.html
BTW links are the same.

Ripmo looks pretty killer. Pricing is gnarly. Ripmo, Stumpjumper 15, supposedly impending Sentinel V3. Fun time to be looking for a rowdy trail bike if you can stomach the price tag (and don't need to unload a bike to make it happen).

Last edited:
So many great mid-sized trail bikes out there these days! I am loving my SB140 every ride, but if I were buying today, I have no idea whether I'd go Ripley, Trail 429, Ripmo, SB140, Mach 4 SL, Rascal, Stumpjumper or Epic8 Evo or Fuel EX (to name a few)! I don't think you'd go wrong with any of those bikes and there are several others I missed. For a one-bit quiver to ride everywhere, for me, I'd probably discount the Epic8 Evo as a little under-biked and the new Stump as a little too big and heavy. I'm not sure what I'd pick, but probably a Ripley or SB140. Crazy thing is I remember when I thought of a 140 or 150 bike as a big bike and those 140 or 150 bikes of a decade ago were shorter wheelbase and steeper angles than this new Ripley. Things sure are changing and there are a LOT of really great bikes in the market these days!

On another note, Bobby at DVO is looking to sell his 2023 Ibis Ripley frame, fork, shock and transmission drivetrain for a nice deal if anyone is interested.

My buddy bought one of the new Ripley carbons a couple weeks ago. They called him yesterday morning from the BikeCo saying it is now ready to pick up. First day out ! It'll be good to see it in person this weekend.

I like the lines and look much better than before. However the review i read said it was light, but didn't give idea of actual weight that I noticed

What I read was the frames for the 2025 Ripley and ripmo are the same, different linkage and shock.

Last edited:
My buddy bought one of the new Ripley carbons a couple weeks ago. They called him yesterday morning from the BikeCo saying it is now ready to pick up. First day out ! It'll be good to see it in person this weekend.

I like the lines and look much better than before. However the review i read said it was light, but didn't give idea of actual weight that I noticed

What I read was the frames for the 2025 Ripley and ripmo are the same, different linkage and shock.

Frame and shock is supposedly 7.3lbs with most builds hovering around 30lbs. One guy claims it's a pound heavier than his V1 Ripmo. It's no doubt a more capable bike but most people that I know viewed the Ripley as a lightweight trail bike like the Pivot 429, Yeti 115, Specialized whatever, etc...I'm sure I'll demo one next year but I think I'll end up with a Ranger or Spur.

@mtbMike, why are you thinking you'd default to Ranger or Spur vs. Ripley? Is it a technical decision or a brand preference?

Frames are certainly getting heavier!

@mtbMike, why are you thinking you'd default to Ranger or Spur vs. Ripley? Is it a technical decision or a brand preference?

Frames are certainly getting heavier!

Not brand....I currently have (3) Ibis bikes and was trying to wait for the new Ripmo but while they twiddled their thumbs trying to sell out the old stock, I found a crazy good deal on a Switchblade. The new Ripley XO build is supposedly 30.2 lbs. That's 2 lbs heavier than my current Ripley. I'm not looking for beefiness in this level of bike. I want playful, twitchy, easy to throw around in the corners. Like I said, I'll demo them and see what comes out in the wash but I just may end up with a Mach 429 or Exie in the end. I have to say, I've been pleasantly surprised by the Switchblade though it's too much bike for everyday here in Prescott.

That Ripmo looks tight, and the shock looks like it is easy to clean without removing it completely. :cautious:

Was anyone really clamoring for this "on bike storage" trend? These bike vids and shops seem to think it is a game changing feature. I won't even attach a water bottle to my frame, LOL.

Sounds like an Epic 8 or Epic 8 Evo or Mach 4SL would be ideal bikes.

Not brand....I currently have (3) Ibis bikes and was trying to wait for the new Ripmo but while they twiddled their thumbs trying to sell out the old stock, I found a crazy good deal on a Switchblade. The new Ripley XO build is supposedly 30.2 lbs. That's 2 lbs heavier than my current Ripley. I'm not looking for beefiness in this level of bike. I want playful, twitchy, easy to throw around in the corners. Like I said, I'll demo them and see what comes out in the wash but I just may end up with a Mach 429 or Exie in the end. I have to say, I've been pleasantly surprised by the Switchblade though it's too much bike for everyday here in Prescott.

Both ditch the yoke, get a straight top tube, in frame storage and are MX compatible. Ripley also gets an extra 10mm of rear travel. I'm a big Ibis fan but I knew these prices were going to be up there....$9500 for a top of the line Ripley. So glad I found a deal on a Switchblade last month. Saved myself $4K over the new Ripmo!!

Ripmo
Ripley
https://www.pinkbike.com/news/meet-the-new-ibis-ripley-2025.html

Lower BB height on both as if it was not low enough already..

Back