ShockWiz

Your times will likely be faster when you get your bike back for many reasons. Part of that will be confidence and expectation - you expect it to be faster, so it will be.

So maybe it's "times over time" will tell.

At my age, I am pretty sure my brain has locked me into whatever speeds I am going to achieve and will not let me go any faster, regardless of bike. :bang:

I got a call from the shop .... apparently my fork was an absolute mess. :gag: Said the sizing was really bad and the valves were not valving. No wonder I could not get that freakin' ShockWiz to work. :Roflmao :laugh: He said I will notice an amazing difference. I will probably give it a test run on the Luge tomorrow since it is close to the shop.

I got a call from the shop .... apparently my fork was an absolute mess. :gag: Said the sizing was really bad and the valves were not valving. No wonder I could not get that freakin' ShockWiz to work. :Roflmao :laugh: He said I will notice an amazing difference. I will probably give it a test run on the Luge tomorrow since it is close to the shop.
Can i come with you?

PS: I assume you meant seizing?

Last edited:
No - I was just hoping you went the same route. Cheaper than a BikeCo ProTune - and plushier too!
Can I assume your Luftkappe was the best thing you purchased, suspensionly speaking?

The Shockwiz verified that I needed the Luftkappe ( thank you Herzalot ) and it got me out in the mountains riding my bike more than ever.
I am faster on the 007 than I have ever been and no arm pain.

Win-win for me.

Can i come with you?

Yeah, I am not sure when I am going to pick it up. They don't open till 10:00
Can i come with you?

I thought he said sizing, but I don't know. He explained it for about 5 minutes ... I am clueless about bike parts. :Roflmao

I am heading over at about Noon to pick it up, so probably @ Kaiser/Wahoo's around 12:45 - 1 PM if you want to ride.

$202 cash or Crypto, forum price only.
Add spacers, lower air pressure.

Worst thing I have ever purchased.

I will easily sell it on CL or Offerup for more, but I am hardly destitute.
Hah! Catching up on all the ShockWiz posts on imtbtrails.
Did you actually sell the Wiz after discovering your fork was all effed up and not the “Wiz”?

If you didn’t sell it, I would probably buy it.

Hah! Catching up on all the ShockWiz posts on imtbtrails.
Did you actually sell the Wiz after discovering your fork was all effed up and not the “Wiz”?

If you didn’t sell it, I would probably buy it.

No, I still have it sitting around somewhere. I am 99% sure my fork was just jacked up, because the guy from BikeCo called me and told me my fork was really jacked up. :laugh:

I may try it again on the Tracer, but I like the ProTune so maybe don't want to mess that up. The fork and shock on my Hightower have many less available clicks and no separate low & high speed rebound, so that makes me happy. :D I am a "set it and forget it" type. If I put it on the Hightower, it will be just to see if it recommends a token or not.

Back