Hello

Neccros

Newbie with Hope!
Hey all... Was on STR for years and used to ride a lot more. Think the last time I rode was the loop when I still worked at Price Point.com So yeah its been years. Went through a rough patch in life, basically was almost homeless, dealt with depression (mostly over it) and my bikes have sat untouched since then. I guess they could be considered "vintage" at this point. I do not have money to buy something modern so I will be riding these until they die or I do...

Had to sell off my roadie to afford to move when I did but still have a single speed conversion I used mostly as my beach cruiser, a geared Santa Cruz Chameleon hardtail and a old Specialized Enduro.

So it seems this is where STR peeps are these days so if you remember me, feel free to say Hi or even if you dont know me, feel free to say hey!

Neccros aka Brian

Hey all... Was on STR for years and used to ride a lot more. Think the last time I rode was the loop when I still worked at Price Point.com So yeah its been years. Went through a rough patch in life, basically was almost homeless, dealt with depression (mostly over it) and my bikes have sat untouched since then. I guess they could be considered "vintage" at this point. I do not have money to buy something modern so I will be riding these until they die or I do...

Had to sell off my roadie to afford to move when I did but still have a single speed conversion I used mostly as my beach cruiser, a geared Santa Cruz Chameleon hardtail and a old Specialized Enduro.

So it seems this is where STR peeps are these days so if you remember me, feel free to say Hi or even if you dont know me, feel free to say hey!

Neccros aka Brian
Hi Neccros! Wanna ride the graveyard shift with me? I'll bring vintage bike too, so we'll fit in.

Neccros aka Brian

Welcome.

Do update your avatar before the mods turn it pink.

Tokens??? Thought you were talking video games (another hobby of mine)
Tokens AKA volume spacers. Individual results may vary, but I don't run any as my fork performs best without them.
RS9441_1024x.jpg

Tokens AKA volume spacers. Individual results may vary, but I don't run any as my fork performs best without them.
View attachment 91499
I've been out of it so long I have no idea what those are.... I think the newest thing I own is a 2014 Fox fork I grabbed from the employee returns sale at Price Point.... And that's still sitting in the box brand new... LOL

I hate eBikes.... its like people want to ride but they are lazy AF.... Sorry never liked them from day 1
You'll fit in fine with the remaining 7 people on this site. :thumbsup:

My stance has always been, if you need one, ride one - but don't be a douche when you ride. Be courteous and don't tempt hikers to want to ban all bikes as a result. That goes for non ebikers too, BTW.

It's just that e-mtbs have brought a whole new category and quantity of humans out onto the trails. :confused:

You'll fit in fine with the remaining 7 people on this site. :thumbsup:

My stance has always been, if you need one, ride one - but don't be a douche when you ride. Be courteous and don't tempt hikers to want to ban all bikes as a result. That goes for non ebikers too, BTW.

It's just that e-mtbs have brought a whole new category and quantity of humans out onto the trails. :confused:
I thought they banned eBikes from trails... At least in the beginning they did... I guess they lobbied to get them approved? I recall it was like $1000 fine at one point

I thought they banned eBikes from trails... At least in the beginning they did... I guess they lobbied to get them approved? I recall it was like $1000 fine at one point
HAH! It has been a while!

No my good sir, the exclusion of e-bikes was rarely if ever enforced. And since all mtb manufacturers (save a couple of holdouts) and all purveyors of bicycles found that bikes with motors outsell every other bike by about a 7-1 margin or something like that - the die was cast and the war was over. There may still be signs at the park entrances saying they are not allowed, but there are also signs that say max speed 10 mph.

I remember @Neccros from STR!
Welcome amigo!
I think imtbtrails has finally anniversaried longer than STR. It’s been a survival from your typical angry keyboard warriors who awesome on tue trail but act like dicks online.

I try to keep it civil, so enjoy yourself.
Welcome back!

Mikie

welcome, nothing wrong with old bikes. But the old components can be a problem. Lube can be applied, wheels can be trued, but chains stretch, derailers get wonkie, cables get sticky, tires get brittle, brakes get squeeky. The best plan is to ride the bike and not worry about the little stuff. I still have old bikes that ride great.
Happy tails newbie

Back