New bike park in San Diego

Discussion in 'Trails' started by scan, Sep 15, 2023.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. scan

scan iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    fran allas
    Current Bike:
    Scott Spark
    Mikie, Tom the Bomb, Obsidian and 2 others like this.
  2. XPLORE

XPLORE Newbie with Hope!

Name:
    James
    Current Bike:
    Carbon HT 29er
    Fun and expensive. Friends all went last wknd. $60 fee and some bikes damaged by the shuttle setup, forks banging on the rail on rough road up. Overall not impressed and would not return.

3. evdog

evdog iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Evan S
    Mikie, herzalot, DangerDirtyD and 2 others like this.
  4. XPLORE

XPLORE Newbie with Hope!

Name:
    James
    Current Bike:
    Carbon HT 29er
    Tribes fee of $60 per rider creates more than a reasonable expectation for a quality experience.

5. Tom the Bomb

Tom the Bomb iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Thomas Cosgrove
    Current Bike:
    21 SSSSSSSSSlash!

Last thing I want is to pay 60.00 to get my bike banged around. I will just climb it.:geek:

6. XPLORE

XPLORE Newbie with Hope!

Name:
    James
    Current Bike:
    Carbon HT 29er
    Exactly. $60 for a crappy shuttle service is a ripoff

Bluesrider, Mikie and herzalot like this.
  7. Redman

Redman iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Kevin
    Current Bike:
    SC OG Hightower 29'r
    This place is right next to the old (still there) Amago MX track. Back in the day when the track first opened it was top notch. Well groomed, great layout with good elevation changes. We used to make the trek from deep in the OC to this track on the regular. This was WAY before Fox Raceway opened. After a few years they (Luiseno Indians) started getting a little lazy. No one at the gate to collect fees, started skipping track prep, etc. Eventually we stopped riding there cause the experience didn't outweigh the long drive. Hopefully the same doesn't happen with the bike park, don't be surprised if it does. They used to have a water park with slides too. Look what happened to that. Best of luck to you So Cal riders. IT has potential, BUT will the Injuns stay dedicated to it????? History tells me no chance.

pperrelle, Bluesrider, Mikie and 3 others like this.
  8. Obsidian

Obsidian iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Obsidian
    Current Bike:
    27.5 Intense Tracer
    Anyone ridden Luiseno recently? I am thinking on it for this weekend or soon. Not really interested in shuttle damage, which is the only thing holding me back. The referenced forum above is seemingly a bunch of clowns complaining about long red lights ...

I also saw on my Instagram feed that SkyPark has a new pump track which they say was designed by Kyle Strait, so I need to check that out too before it gets too cold up there. Never ridden a pump track before, but probably similar to the Cactus redesign at Whiting, right?:confused::Roflmao

9. evdog

evdog iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Evan S
    When you load on the shuttle just make sure there is a bit of space between your bike and the next one so their handlebar doesn't contact your frame if the bikes sway. Leaving space also let's you stand closer to the side rail so you can hang on better. Ignore the rest of the whiny complaints and go with a good attitude and you'll have a good day of riding.

herzalot, pperrelle, scan and 2 others like this.
  10. scan

scan iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    fran allas
    Current Bike:
    Scott Spark
    Appreciate your attitude evdog! We can whine about alot if things.....1st works problems right!?

11. Redman

Redman iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Kevin
    Current Bike:
    SC OG Hightower 29'r
    [QUOTE="Obsidian, post: 298061, member: 611] I also saw on my Instagram feed that SkyPark has a new pump track which they say was designed by Kyle Strait, so I need to check that out too before it gets too cold up there. Never ridden a pump track before, but probably similar to the Cactus redesign at Whiting, right?:confused::Roflmao[/QUOTE]

Yo! If you want to check out a pump track... go here... just opened within the last few months. Just make sure you pack some heat, you know just in case. It's in the hood!

https://www.inglewoodpumptrack.org/

12. Sidewalk

Sidewalk iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Josh
    Current Bike:
    N+1
    I went recently. No photos or anything, but it is totally... acceptable. It is in the back corner away from most everything and pretty small. All pavement so it should hold together, and unlimited traction.

But it's definitely a pump track, a short wheelbase bike (dirt jumper, BMX, etc) would be ideal.

herzalot and Obsidian like this.
  13. doublewide

doublewide iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mark
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Tallcan