It’s here…

Move over, Blur... :eek: Available in several (21) configurations from steep and spindly to 130mm and slack (65.8). o_O

I'm intrigued by the hidden shock. I'm curious about the tires, (As a fan of alliteration, my interest is nearly always piqued when Schwalbe introduces a new name.) While I would rather ride a good linkage open, I am delighted by Scott's previous cleverness WRT its funky suspension/remote setup. the frame color is boring, but the shape is pretty.

*edit* The best benefit of hiding the shock is not having to see Fox's unmatched anodizing shades of gross Kashima. I hate that effluvia color, (And remain skeptical of its benefits,) but at least the fork stanchions and the Transfer "stanchion" match

https://www.boldcycles.com/en/shop/bikes2/

I believe Scott owns bold cycles now.. definitely am inspiration for this design

Screenshot_20210609-125154.jpg

Move over, Blur... :eek: Available in several (21) configurations from steep and spindly to 130mm and slack (65.8). o_O

https://www.mbr.co.uk/news/bold-new-design-for-scott-spark-407724

View attachment 75695
It looks like an ebike. I’ll pass.

I want my bottom bracket/down tube joint to be quite obviously not hiding a motor. I don’t care if the finite element analysis says this will increase stiffness 1000%. This is about my dignity. If the framebuilders insist, I’ll stick with metal frames.

I don't see e-bike... I see the cleanest looking full suspension bike on the planet. That probably means it's the hardest full suspension bike on the planet to work on. :p

Yes... They acquired Bold Cycles. And it does also come in metal...

And... Adjustable head angle with the twist of the headset cup, 2.4 tire clearance, 40 tooth chainring capability :eek:, and an integrated tool that works with all suspension bolts and axles.

Ich liebe die Schweizer. :inlove:

I don't see e-bike... I see the cleanest looking full suspension bike on the planet. That probably means it's the hardest full suspension bike on the planet to work on. :p

Yes... They acquired Bold Cycles. And it does also come in metal...

And... Adjustable head angle with the twist of the headset cup, 2.4 tire clearance, 40 tooth chainring capability :eek:, and an integrated tool that works with all suspension bolts and axles.

Ich liebe die Schweizer. :inlove:

But is it steel? If not, is it real? How can we trust that little bushing? :Roflmao:Roflmao:Roflmao

2021 Mojo4, 27.5 with 140/130 suspension, lady bought it for her road biker "partner" and luckily, things didn't work out on the dirt so after two rides, I snatched it off PB one hour after it was listed. Now to make it mine and sell off some parts.

I think @pperrelle has turned me into an Ibis groupie.

81F5BE3B-8D19-44DB-9E40-E45A73D94889.jpeg

But is it steel? If not, is it real? How can we trust that little bushing? :Roflmao:Roflmao:Roflmao
In spite of the fact that I'm aware steel can be un-supple and alloy can be compliant, I'm definitely a steel disciple when it comes to hardtails and full rigid/road bikes. And while I am not a carbon hater by any means, I like aluminum on my full squish. Someday I will probably try titanium, hopefully when my discretionary income has caught up with my tastes.

2021 Mojo4, 27.5 with 140/130 suspension...I think @pperrelle has turned me into an Ibis groupie.
I dig their bikes. They also make 2 of the last three alloy+148+Weagle link bikes, (The new Devinci Marshall being the third.)

Last edited:
2021 Mojo4, 27.5 with 140/130 suspension, lady bought it for her road biker "partner" and luckily, things didn't work out on the dirt so after two rides, I snatched it off PB one hour after it was listed. Now to make it mine and sell off some parts.

I think @pperrelle has turned me into an Ibis groupie.

View attachment 75699

Sweet looking bike... my new ibis should be ready late next week... :sneaky:

You need to add a Porkchop bag and you're all set!!

Absolutely a beautiful bicycle. It screams 2021 and reminds me of how old I am and the progress in bike design.
Here's another good write up: https://www.bikeradar.com/news/2022-scott-spark-rc-spark-900/

I love the look of this bike! Kinda' don't like the proprietary stem it requires, but once I figure out a length, I don't change them. I don't think the hidden shock would be that big of a deal in the real world. The bolts holding it are accessible externally, the valve looks readily accessible, and the compression/rebound adjustments are right there. Fishing the lockout cable is probably a hassle, but no more than on a dropper. Just have to do it once a year for service, the rest of the time it's set it and forget it! For a privateer racer or marathoner that has to do their own more frequent maintenance, I could see it being a hassle. But for weekend causal rider it's fine.

Back