Clunker Cruiser

pperrelle

iMTB Rockstah
A couple of weeks ago when we were on a roadie ride with a few friends one of the girls we ride with was telling the wife and I that her and her husband have a couple of beach cruisers that they take out once in a while just for fun. My wife said that we should pick up a couple to join them. Whenever I have spousal support to buy another bike, I jump on it! I picked up an Electra 3 speed cruiser for her and started looking to see what I wanted to get when I came across the Felt Klunker. It's modeled after the bikes the mountain bike pioneers rode way back when. BMX bars, crank & clamp stem with a 2 speed kick-back hub shifter and a coaster brake. And, it is a 29er. Adrenaline called and said it arrived today so I swung by and grabbed it. Seems like it's going to be a super fun beach path bike.

Felt Kluner 1.JPG
Felt Klunker 3.JPG

A couple of weeks ago when we were on a roadie ride with a few friends one of the girls we ride with was telling the wife and I that her and her husband have a couple of beach cruisers that they take out once in a while just for fun. My wife said that we should pick up a couple to join them. Whenever I have spousal support to buy another bike, I jump on it! I picked up an Electra 3 speed cruiser for her and started looking to see what I wanted to get when I came across the Felt Klunker. It's modeled after the bikes the mountain bike pioneers rode way back when. BMX bars, crank & clamp stem with a 2 speed kick-back hub shifter and a coaster brake. And, it is a 29er. Adrenaline called and said it arrived today so I swung by and grabbed it. Seems like it's going to be a super fun beach path bike.

View attachment 13953 View attachment 13954

I have the same one, still brand new. Can't wait to ride it. My buddy also has the same one and has a loaded bar and stem on it? If i may ask what did you pay for it? Felt had them on sale except the white one.

I have the same one, still brand new. Can't wait to ride it. My buddy also has the same one and has a loaded bar and stem on it? If i may ask what did you pay for it? Felt had them on sale except the white one.

It was $509 from Adrenaline Cycles. By far the cheapest bike I have purchased in years!

That thing looks sick, I won a Transition Klunker at the Sea Otter Cliff bar Klunker Crit but had the hardest time adjusting to the coaster brakes when cornering. Would love one of these with disc brakes and a free hub.

Back