Who's Riding Where???

Heading up to Sedona this morning to demo the new and improved Revel Rascal on the Outer Limits loop. After that, I may take the Transition Smuggler out to the Soldier’s Pass area. I’m trying to find the next bike, preferably a 29er that is 150/140 (or I can modify to get close) that will shred some Oregon loam this Summer. The new Intense Primer fits the bill but it’s not available for demo yet.

Heading up to Sedona this morning to demo the new and improved Revel Rascal on the Outer Limits loop. After that, I may take the Transition Smuggler out to the Soldier’s Pass area. I’m trying to find the next bike, preferably a 29er that is 150/140 (or I can modify to get close) that will shred some Oregon loam this Summer. The new Intense Primer fits the bill but it’s not available for demo yet.
Might add the Yeti SB 140 to that list. Different feel than the Revel, not better, not worse, just different.

Might add the Yeti SB 140 to that list. Different feel than the Revel, not better, not worse, just different.

I previously rode the SB130 (most comfortable climb ever up to the Luge) and older 27.5 SB140 (absolute slug and least favorite bike I demo’d) but to be honest, the Yeti rear suspension is my least favorite when the going gets repetitively chunky. The Revel suspension was my favorite….going down. However, not so much going up on long grinder climbs. I’m hoping this newer geometry will help with that, though Sedona isn’t the ideas testing ground for sustained climbs.

Ive never ridden a Transition and expect it to go down very well based on its Bellingham roots but I’m not sure how they climb.

Back